PICK VIK FOR HOBEY BAKER
One of the top men's hockey student-athletes in the nation, Viktor Stålberg is among the national and Hockey East leaders in goals and points, while boasting an impressive 3.6 grade-point average in business administration at the University of Vermont. Stålberg was named to the NCAA East Regional All-Tournament Team and helped lead the Catamounts to their second-ever Frozen Four appearance this season while playing one of the country's toughest schedules.
DID YOU KNOW, VIK:
• Ranks fourth in the country in goals (24)
• Ranked first in Hockey East in goals and third in points
• Has recorded at least one point in 25 of the last 28 contests
• Was named a Hockey East First-Team All-Star, was runner-up for Hockey East Player of the Year and is one of 10 finalists for the 2009 Hobey Baker Award.
• Stålberg is one of only three Hobey Baker finalists to advance to the 2009 Frozen Four
Viktor Stålberg is looking to become the first Catamount in school history to win the Hobey Baker Award. Since the awards inception in 1981, four Catamounts have been named Hobey Baker Award finalists:
• Kirk McCaskill (1982)
• Martin St. Louis (1995, 1996, 1997)
• Eric Perrin (1996)
• Viktor Stålberg (2009)